Kim W Johnston, MD
Dr. Kim Johnston has been involved in neurosurgical patient care for over 30 years. He specializes in the diagnosis and management of spinal disease and deformities, spinal and brain tumors, and trauma.
A Macon native, Dr. Johnston is a graduate of Valdosta State College. He received his medical degree in 1981 from the Medical College of Georgia. Following a general surgery internship at the Medical College in Augusta, he also completed his residency in neurosurgery there.
Dr. Johnston is a Physician Advisory Board member at The Medical Center of Central Georgia, Navicent Health, where he also serves on the hospital’s patient care and human resources committees. Dr. Johnston has contributed numerous articles to professional journals and has addressed many neurological seminars across the country.
Having lived in Macon his entire life, Dr. Johnston is known throughout the community for his expert opinion and excellent surgical skill, as well as his kind demeanor and gentle bedside manner.
- Board-Certified: American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Residency: Neurosurgery, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- MD: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- MSc: Georgia Southern College, Statesboro, GA
- BSc: Valdosta State College, Valdosta, GA
- Member: American Association of Neurological Surgery, Georgia Neurosurgical Society, Southern Neurosurgical Society, Cognitive Neuroscience Society, Central Georgia Human Resource Committee, Board of Directors, Medical Center of Central Georgia, Atrium Navicent Health